TACA is a non-government, not-for-profit organization established under the 501(c)3 laws within the United States with the mere purpose of bringing people with interest in the Turkish culture together since 1968. TACA commits itself to continue to facilitate the interaction among our members to promote and foster continuing good relationship and understanding regardless of their background.
You can find below our mission & vision statements, current board of directors, TACA bylaws, etc.
Our Mission & Vision
To foster and promote the Turkish culture, art, history, and heritage among our communities, and to organize activities to bring together the Turkish-American Communities of Illinois and Northwest Indiana
- Bringing people with interest in the Turkish culture together regardless of ethnic origin, religion and other preferences
- Organizing activities to create occasions in which people can exchange their ideas and thereby raise a public awareness on the contemporary issues related to the Turkish Culture, Turkey and the Turkish Community in Chicago and Illinois
- Cooperating with other Turkish-American organizations to contribute to the efforts on inter-cultural understanding and cultural diversity in our Communities
- Facilitating the communication of its members with other Turkish-American associations in the U.S. and in participating in the organization of joint activities
- Support to its current and prospective members, and help them to overcome the problems they may face during their adaptation to a new culture and a new social environment
- To properly represent the interests of our members within our scope
- To facilitate the interaction among our members to promote and foster continuing good relationship and understanding
- To help improve and better understand Turkish and local cultures
Click here to view the bylaws.
Click here to see current board officers.
Donate Your Time and Energy: You can help TACA by donating your time and energy for planning or executing the activities. Please keep in mind that even couple of hours a month can make a big difference in your community and your family. You can help TACA in organizing the following activities and positions:
- Ataturk School: Teachers and Teacher helpers
- Chicago Turkish Festival: Event in May or September
- Republic Day Ball: Event in October
- International Childrens Festival: Event in April
- Social Events: Either existing events such as picnics, dinners, networking events etc. or other events based on your interest.
- Communication: Newsletters, Website, Social networks,
- Marketing / PR: Telecommute, experience is preferred.
- Graphic Design: Telecommute, few hours prior to events (once every month)
- Library Volunteers: Help with lending books at TACA Building on Sundays. A group of volunteers alternate weekends.
- TACA Building Maintenance
Volunteering at TACA may also help you to build great friendships, enhance your resume, expand your network, meet celebrities and gain self-satisfaction by giving back to your community.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer your time and energy.
Subscribe to TACA Newsletter
Subscribe to TACA Newsletter to receive latest news, events and other announcements from Turkish community in Chicago areas.
Note: Your information will not be shared with any third party.